Sunday 1 April 2012

Last Chance At 99 Cents

Another great 5* review, this time on Amazon.co.uk, which says "having started, I wanted to continue until the end, so switch off your phone and settle down for a long read, if you can."


I really, really appreciate any reviews and mentions, fb, twitter, a Like on Amazon. All these make a difference.


When I first published the book I was torn between a higher price, to make it look as though I was serious (which I am), and the lowest possible price, which I thought might entice readers to a new, self-published author. Well, the Kindle market is new and evolving, and all this is an experiment of sorts. Readers have 99 cent books coming out of their ears. There used to be a saying, 'everyone has a book inside them.' These days you could say that everyone has a book on Kindle. Everyone and their Nanna.


There is a lot of quality at the lower priced end of the market. And a lot of dross, too. Most of all, there's just a lot, and it's hard to stand out from the crowd before you've made a name.


So if you've been thinking about buying The Sky Might Fall then now's a good time to do so. Last warning before the price goes up, and I move the experiment to a slightly different sphere. Everybody likes a bargain, but there are also many people who believe you get what you pay for. 


For people who are similarly dipping their toes in these vast waters, I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment